Generation Justice (GJ) is seeking a seasoned, organized, great communicator who will assist Generation Justice in coordinating its statewide Narrative Shift Partnership. Working closely with the GJ Director, this position will coordinate all aspects of a statewide partnership of youth-serving organizations to organize campaigns related to youth leadership and empowerment. The Coordinator will manage all logistical aspects of the Narrative Shift Partnership, including setting strategies, scheduling and communication with partners, agenda development, and data collection for reporting. This team player will have exceptional organizational skills and experience in statewide organizing/event planning and public policy. This will be a 30-35 hour/week position.
- Experience in coordinating collaborations and partnerships in New Mexico.
- Experience in working with a variety of entities including social justice NGOs, National organizations, Government agencies, funders and others.
- Experience scheduling, planning and facilitating partner meetings.
- Experience in tracking data for reporting purposes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to see and communicate the big picture
- Ability to work towards project goals individually and with team support
- Ability to problem solve and think critically and strategically
- Ability to work in a flexible, high-energy environment
- Fluency in Zoom, Google Suite, and Microsoft Suite (especially Excel)
- Ability to pass a background check, show a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Assisting in partnership planning, management, and evaluation
- Overseeing partner outreach and communication (emails, phone, meetings)
- Facilitating GJ Partner meetings and attending outside meetings including with funders and other entities
- Managing partnership scheduling and calendar
- Advancing a statewide youth leadership and policy agenda
- Collecting and compiling report data
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Generation Justice’s mission is to inspire youth to become multidimensional leaders who are committed to social transformation. GJ is a multiracial, multicultural project that trains youth to harness the power of community and raise critical consciousness through leadership development, civic engagement, media production, and narrative shift in the following areas – racial justice, health, education, early childhood development, and economic security. GJ has been recognized as the premier youth media/leadership group and has been the recipient of numerous awards locally and nationally.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 work references to firstname.lastname@example.org