BOOKKEEPER/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT: PART-TIME $25/HOUR
Generation Justice, a nonprofit dedicated to developing youth into socially committed young adults, is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic contract part-time Bookkeeper.
We are seeking a team-oriented, accomplished and organized Bookkeeper to join our organization. The Bookkeeper will report to the Executive Director and interface with support and program staff members as part of this exciting opportunity.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Bookkeeper will:
- Review invoices, create check requests and correctly code them to the appropriate grant fund
- Process expense reimbursements and contractor invoices/timesheets into the fiscal agent’s accounting software
- Maintain and file grant contract records: invoices, timesheets, and spreadsheets.
- Track & Manage petty cash deposits/withdrawals
- Ensure deposits are correct and submitted to the fiscal agent on a timely basis
- Reconcile the internal grant spreadsheets to the fiscal agent’s general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Review the general ledger reports on a monthly basis with the Executive Director to ensure grant compliance.
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing periodic financial reports to the granting agencies.
- Collect and manage required IRS forms (Form 1099) for contractors, subcontractors, work study, and commissioned work
- Effectively interface via telephone and/or in person with accounting staff at the fiscal agent’s office.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Bookkeeping/Payroll
- Proficiency with both Google Suite and Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and Google Sheets (formula entry, data analysis & extraction)
- Knowledge of Debits and Credits
- Experienced in accurate account reconciliations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and writing skills
- Team focused and takes on action items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Willing to serve as backup office support when neede and take on other assignments as requested
Please mail your cover letter, resume and 3 supervisor references to firstname.lastname@example.org.