Awards and Recognition
2009 11th Annual Governor’s Volunteers Awards
- Governor’s Youth Service New Mexico Awards
2011 1st Fueling Increasingly Relevant Education (F.I.R.E) Awards – Roberta Rael
The award recognizes educators and organizations promoting social justice and equity in the classroom and in the community.
2014 28th Annual YWCA Women on The Move- Roberta Rael
The YWCA Women on the Move Award recognizes women of New Mexico for their leadership, commitment, innovation, focus and dedication to community.
2014 S’Park Media Mentor Award- Roberta Rael
The Roy H. Park School of Communications at Ithaca College S’Park Media Mentor Award is given out nationally to 5 either high school teachers or mentors/advisers who are committed to igniting a passion for media in youth.
2014 – Loving Service Award
The Loving Service award is presented by the Native Health Initiative (NHI). It honors organizations and individuals that have addressed health inequities through their work. NHI is the only American Indian organization in the U.S. that is run by Tribes working with health profession students. GJ’s work around health issues/inequities that impact student success has been a major point of focus over the past few years.
2015 New Mexico Public Health Association Media Award
- Media Award- Generation Justice
2015 SEEDS Award
- 2015 Center for Media Justice SEEDS Award – This award recognize Generation Justice’s work in planting the seeds to raise the next generation of media-makers
2015 Native Media Awards (NAJA)
- Print/Online-General Excellence- Generation Justice (2nd Place)
2017 Paul & Joyce Aicher Leadership in Democracy Award
- Generation Justice – 2017 Everyday Democracy Paul & Joyce Aicher Leadership in Democracy Award
2018 Spirit of Hope Direct Service Award
- Roberta Rael – 2018 Spirit of Hope Direct Service Award honors New Mexico’s hard-working supporters of programs and services that engage and touch children, making a difference in their lives. Their work has had both subtle and profound impacts, creating a cumulative effect.