Operations Manager – Job Description
About us: Generation Justice’s (GJ) mission is to inspire youth to become multidimensional leaders who are committed to social transformation. GJ is a multiracial, multicultural project that trains youth to harness the power of community and raise critical consciousness through leadership development, civic engagement, media production and narrative shift in the following areas – racial justice, health, education, early childhood development, and economic security. GJ has been recognized as the premier youth media/leadership group and has been the recipient of numerous awards locally and nationally.
We are seeking an energetic, driven, social justice-oriented person who will play a pivotal role in building the infrastructure of a growing youth leadership organization. Working closely with the GJ Director, this position will also support all operational aspects and fundraising initiatives, including assistance in grant writing and grant reporting. This team player will have exceptional organizational skills and experience in non-profit operations and systems development.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the GJ mission
- Minimum of 4 years of operational experience, preferably for non-profits.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically and strategically
- Strong organizational, financial managment skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work towards project goals individually and with team support
- Excellent communication skills in technical writing, reporting, and public speaking
- Fluency in Google Suite and Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Ability to work in a flexible, high-energy environment
- Ability to pass a background check and A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Organize deadlines, deliverables, contact information for grant proposals
- Assist with communications to funders and donors
- Ensure the organization properly administers & reports its grant deliverables
- Grant and Report writing assistance including research, copy editing, data interpretation etc.
- Maintain data tracking systems and design new tracking systems as needed
- Maintain and update Procedures Manual
- Plan future planning
- Assist in managing and communicating with Contractors Subcontractors, Work Study, Commissioned Work
- Manage calendar – Scheduling staff, youth and partner reminders & events
- Along with Director and Operations Manager provide Human Resource Planning & Management
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, staff development, performance assessment
- Maintain youth and staff materials in compliance with UNM guidelines
- Assist in the maintenance of established personnel handbook
Advisory and Ambassadors Council:
- Assist with all communications with the Advisory Council
- Plan, Organize and Staff Advisory and Ambassador Meetings
- Assist with Advisory and Ambassador donor drive activities
Partnerships and Collaboration Building:
- Assist the Director in all areas of Partnership and Collaboration building and maintenance (local and national)
- Assist the Director in communications with partners, collaborators and clients
- Maintenance of Google Drive, Next Cloud, I-Drive and hard copies
- Maintaining and enhancing systems for records.
- Manage timesheets, and reimbursements
- Manage donor records & communications
- Assist with Fundraising Events and writing Fundraising outreach on Mailchimps, Action Network and other platforms
- Collaborating with Fundraising entities such as Hispanics in Philanthropy and others
- Assist with the planning, management and evaluation of all GJ programs including Cultivating Leaders, Narrative Shift Campaigns, and Training and Healing programs.
- Assist in evaluation and assessment of main cohort
- Provide programmatic support to Youth Coordinator and media production
- Assist with visioning, planning and executing any new GJ Programs
And other duties as required for the mission of Generation Justice.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary Range: Salary for Generation Justice is competitive and based on experience. Range is from $41,000 to $47,000 per year.
This is a contract position. As such, GJ will allow for salary negotiation to include CRS and other considerations.
Applications accepted now. Interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you have questions, please call 505-277-1831or email email@example.com.